Monday, February 13, 2012

Ellison's Birthday Weekend

We had a great weekend celebrating one year of life!  My parents, sister, aunt and cousin where able to come and celebrate with us for the weekend! Love, Love, Love some family time and a full house!  Friday, Michael took off work and we took Ellison to the aquarium with my parents.  Chattanooga has one of the best aquariums in the US and we have been wanting to try it out.  It was super fun.  She just stared wide-eyed the whole time and did great.  We actually went through every exhibit.  Super fun!

Friday evening the rest of the family arrived. 
With Aunt Kayla

And Aunt Kayla being well Aunt Kayla. :)
Ellison with her Nana and Grandpa.
All the girlies on the couch!
And the other thing we do...cook, cook and cook.
o and eat!  We are good at that too :).
With Cousin Faith
Ok so for decor, food and birthday fun...I made everything based upon her first year of life because well that is what we are celebrating!  I even made a "How well do you know Ellison game" with a Starbucks reward in the end just to make things interesting!  Here is a picture of her cake.  My first attempt at fondant.  I have always wanted to try it, but I have just never had a great reason.  I think it turned out pretty great for the first try.  The cupcake was for Ellison.  I made it out of a sugar free banana cake recipe I found online, but for the icing, well that had sugar.  It is her birthday right?  Gotta have a little fun!  Ps...have I mentioned that I love parties!
Wall decor was just a string with pictures, one from each month of her life.  I made frames out of cereal boxes and covered them in fabric.




The food I themed around her life (I got this off of YHL)I printed off some pictures made on picnik and folded them in half.  Cost me about a buck, but added some super cuteness!
 Mini Pizzas - What I craved during pregnancy.
Mini Hamburgers - Last meal, Michael and I had before heading to the hospital.
Fruit Kabobs with Vanilla Yogurt - All of Ellisons favorite fruits (Bannana, Grapes, Pear, Blueberries)
Love&Hate - Carrots (Love) and Broccoli (Hate - only baby food she refused to eat)
Quacamole - Avocado was her first food
Cake - Her first birthday cake


And of course, I decorated her high chair with some craft supplies I had left over.  Kinda cute for spur of the moment.  Just streamers, string, cloth, and letter stickers.  O and you can't tell but I made a cute birthday shirt for Ellison to match the fabric frames.  Hmmm...I need to get a better picture of that outfit!

And can you handle this...here we go!

What is that...



You want me to do what?


You sure I can eat this mom?

Ok fine.  I got this.









No she didn't eat the whole thing.  I did take most away once she started digging in because let me tell you, she could have!  haha.

YUMMM
I hope these made you smile! 


2 comments:

  1. wow. What great party ideas. You did a great job on the cake. I really like the food idea, creative. Also the wall art with photos is cute. Taking notes . Hope you guys have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So creative with the cake and decorating! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete