Monday, November 21, 2011

Hand Print Turkey Coasters

I have been seeing people make coasters for a while now, and I have wanted to try them out.  I came across someone on the internet who had the idea of making hand print coasters.  I can't find them now, but I will say this idea wasn't completely my own.  I just love how they turned out and they were super easy!  All I did was cut the pieces that you see below after tracing the little girls hands and I used Mod Podge to put them on the coasters.  I used 99 cent stickers for the letters and eyeballs.  After all the pieces are glued on, I put about 5 layers of Mod Podge over the top to give a glossy look.  I also put small pieces of leftover felt on the bottom using hot glue to put them on, so that I would not hurt the furniture. 

This only cost $4 total (and I also made a set for the little girl that I nanny).  The tiles came from Home Depot, stickers are from Target, and the paper was just some pieces that I had left over from other projects.  What do you think?  I am excited that we will have these for many Thanksgivings to come.


Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. You are very creative and so crafty! Love the turkey coasters!

    ReplyDelete