Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Decor

Christmas decorations, yep, we love and obsess. If it were up to me, we would push back Thanksgiving, so that we could have them up longer. It is a mutual love for Michael and I. He has about 5000 Christmas songs, we love lights, ELF, food, family and friends. It is our favorite time of year, and I think that now that we have a kiddo, we are going to have even more fun with it. I never thought I could have so much fun in a toy section!

Anyways, we are a little limited on the amount of decorations that one can buy, and this year, we decided to put our money towards the tree and a few outdoor lights (I'll post pics of this soon). We did the tree on a budget. The tree came from Walmart. It is 7.5 ft and full! I wasn't too happy about a fake tree, but it is financially and alergenically (I know you all love my made up words...don't lie) the best decision for our family. O and to make it smell real, we put a Glade Evergreen wall plug behind it. It actually has deceived me once or twice. The ornaments are a mixture. We have a ton of filler balls with a few random hobby lobby ornaments scattered. We also threw in some snowflakes, ribbon, and twiggy twigs (Michael's word) to pull it all together. I am super excited how it turned out. Kinda themed, but natural enough to not be in a mall.

Our tree

Snowflake
We also made an ornament for Ellison's first Christmas. Of course, a pinterest special. See tutorial here. I'm not sure how well this will last from year to year. I'll let you know next year.

And our mantel which I did from stuff we already had except for the mini stocking. I couldn't resist! The lanterns were from our wedding, and so are the candles inside. I used a toilet paper roll as filler in the lanterns with the bulbs.


So with the rest of the house I had to be creative. We are trying to figure out the color of the dining room and kitchen. The fiesta red and yellow ceilings are just not doing it. We have collected every bluish gray paint sample in the Chattanooga area. We are thinking a darker shade in the dining room, and a very light almost white shade in the kitchen. Anyways, we used our paint samples as decor to spell JOY and we love it! You can see it when you walk in the front door. Just thought I would share some Holiday cheer. Anyone have a favorite shade of gray that they would like to share? Any suggestions would help a ton in this decision.
At least the red and yellow are festive right?

1 comment:

  1. we used "Natural Gray" from Behr in our living room and love it!

    ReplyDelete